Thursday 23 June 2011

On the road again!

Yes, the time has come for another tour!
The years have obviously caught up with me and this time I am taking more leisure trip: I'm going to France.

This year it's Paris-Brest-Paris year. I had worked hard and have qualified for the event. That is just a part of the story, though. The first part will be a bit different. You don't go to France to cycle from 250 m to 0 m altitude and back. You go to France for Tourmallet, Mont Ventoux, Galibier, L'Alpe d'Huez, ...! You go for the cols, the more of them, the better. So, before starting at PBP, I'll try my luck on 100 cols:  De Honderd Cols Tocht.
According to my tracking software it's 4000 km and 85000 m of altitude gain, means over 2100 m of climbing per 100 km. Hmmmm ... did I really plan a leisure tour?


No comments:

Post a Comment